Lists help to keep a record of things you may need or tasks you need to accomplish. Keeping organized will help you function efficiently and thus, you will be able to accomplish tasks quicker. We have compiled a list of reasons why lists are going to be a big trend for 2015:
- Concise – Lists are quick, simple and to the point. Therefore they are easy to make and will help you to do things far more efficiently.
- Gives you a sense of accomplishment – You feel better with each task that you tick off which is therapeutic to the list maker. This method makes it easier to see what you still need to do.
- It helps you to prioritise – Prioritising tasks will help you to be more organized. You start by accomplishing urgent tasks first and then move on, task by task, until your list is completed. An added bonus is that you will not be emotionally overwhelmed by all the tasks that you have rolling around in your head, because everything is physically in front of you on paper. With everything so clear and organized, you can plan how to tackle each task logically.
- Helps you to remember – There will no longer be an excuse for forgetting or ignoring a task. If it is written down for you to see, you have less chance of forgetting it! This goes for anything you need to remember; a bright, clear note in a spot you will see it will be a big help.
- They help you to plan ahead – Lists can help you to plan things in advance thus you will be more organized and less stressed!
Maybe you should make “List Making” a New Year’s Resolution for 2015 and a permanent habit for life thereafter.