As exam season approaches, it’s time to buckle down and get studying. Follow Trefoil’s tips to making studying easier.
- Ensure that your study space is clean and organised. This will keep you from getting easily distracted and also helps navigate through your work.
- Read and highlight through your notes. Ensure you highlight the important points so that you don’t have to memorise anything unnecessary.
- Write notes on the highlighted points – Use spider diagrams and points to summarise what is important.
- Make flash cards. Flash cards will help you remember what points fall into which category.
- Give yourself a study timetable so that you can work according to a timeframe.
- Fuel your brain with snacks. Hydrate with water too.
- Talk out loud. Talk to yourself in the mirror or pretend to teach your pets.
- Keep your phone away from you – only use it in your breaks as it is very distracting. Keep the TV off too.
- Do a practice tests.
- Sleep is very important!