How’s this for a super cute Fathers Day idea? A quick and easy, hand-made card that is well-suited to the occasion. Follow the steps below to make your own.
What you will need:
- An A5 piece of cardboard
- A small piece of decorative paper, like wrapping paper or, a small piece of paper that is not the same colour as the cardboard.
- Black Pen
- Place the cardboard in front of you so that the long side is vertical and the short side is horizontal, then, fold it in half horizontally and place it in front of you so that the folded edge is at the top and the opening is at the bottom.
- Fold the card in half again, vertically this time, but make only a small crease at the top and bottom of the card, this step is only done so that you can find the centre of the card – use your ruler and pencil to draw a feint line from the top crease to the bottom crease.
- Making sure the folded edge is still at the top, make a small mark 20mm below each top corner and use the ruler and pencil to draw a feint line across the card from one mark to the other.
- Make a mark 35mm from each side of the card, along the line you have just drawn.
- Use the scissors to cut along the line from each side, stop at each 35mm mark.
- Now, fold the 2 top corner pieces inwards, so that the 2 top corners meet at the centre line, the card should now resemble a collared shirt; glue the pieces down.
- Use the pen to draw in the placket, pocket and buttons.
- Cut a tie shape out of the decorative paper and glue it in place.
- Cut out a triangle and glue it above the pocket to resemble a handkerchief.
- You now have an awesome, hand-made Father’s Day Card! Feel free to get creative and change things up!
- Don’t forget to write your Father’s Day message on the inside of the card!
- See the image below for visual instructions…